Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heritage matters! and 22 years later!! Buffalo Rome

A friend of mine who owns an alpaca farm, has this as her motto: Heritage matters ! It does in many ways. if a child is brought up not knowing its roots, whatever they may be, they are not grounded. If a child is not brought up in knowledge of God, he is not grounded. It is the responsibility of parents and grands to make this happen.
I was given that photo in side bar of William and me and thought of another in a similar pose. This is Heather as a 10 week old baby being held by her grandmother, Mary. Can you see the way that she and William  favor each other? I think I am reliving the past as I care for him and see that same strong piercing look he gives. That was done to me before in an earlier life! Yikes!

Mary is in that typical 1970 up-do. The challenge at that time in her life at age 50 was to find a silver hairpiece to match her own hair. Sometimes it worked, other times, not. This surely was a clever way to stay away from bad hair days. Wash it, rat it, pin it and with thousands of bobby pins, make this sucker hang on the back of your head. If you have seen Memoirs of a Geisha, you will see the block these girls put under their necks to keep the hair from getting mussed up during sleep. This hair piece did the same, elevated the head, having to stay on your back and sleep. I have tried that with rollers and yanked 'em out every time. Princess and the Pea, me thinks...

Ever heard of SWSWSWSW?
Some will, some won't, so what? someone is waiting!
I have an individual in my world that shared this acronym.  Will share more about her later.This
acronym was a real wake up call to the my mind-set of my potential customer, client, party list, or the like. 
Not everyone is on the same wave length as you.  It is not personal!
I needed to hear that for I take any rejection as personal, got to get over that and now!
(www.christinekane.com)

Twenty two years ago today, my husband and I were married in a ceremony is a private garden home of M/M Bob Duke in Montgomery, AL.  What a perfect day.  The martens were singing their hearts out for us.  (We have martens this year and 6 babies tried to fly yesterday, they sort of  fall to  the ground, then take off. i I think their mamas push them out of the gourds. Will know when Sergio comes up to tell me if we have to have a burying ceremony.  We give a Christian burial to anything that dies on this farm, just have to do it.)
Anyhow, Bob filmed the event and as we watched we realized that 5 of the 25 are no longer with us, two are now ex-wives, and the rest are very much different!
BTW, Barbara's son is Bill McCorvery, Jr of BuffaloRome  http://www.buffalorome.com/music
He is awesome. Creative and most musical, got it from his mama!

May your pieces fall into place.....

No comments:

Post a Comment